Monday, June 27, 2011

Oh. No. He. Di'int! Customer Service Nightmare

*Deep breath*

Okay, I spent the last week TDY (temporary duty for the non military folk) in Aberdeen, MD. Aberdeen is a little further north than B-more but not quite Delaware. It was a strange limbo of a city...The most exciting thing I found was Target.

Anywho, I digress.

After several boring nights of feeding my face way too much and going to bed way too early I decided to treat myself to a manicure. Enter Model Nails. Model nails was a regular looking nail joint...nothing spectacular. I walked in and asked a very uninterested looking gentleman if they offer "shellac" services. He says that they do and tells me to pick a color. Let me pause the story here to mention that during this exchange, the man in question was engrossed in something on his laptop.

Mr. Man gets a bowl of warm water and begins to take off my nail polish... while simultaneously adjusting the volume and screen position of his laptop. Clearly he's going to log off/close the laptop or otherwise focus on the task at hand. Right? Not so much. We got as far as him buffing about four fingers when annoyed grew to pissed of. This dude did not stop using his laptop while servicing me; more than that he took frequent pauses to go to different web pages and adjust the volume. Seriously?! Youtube is not going anywhere dude but my money sure enough is...right out the door. I politely asked how much it would be for the piss poor service he did render, tossed him a five and informed him that I was giving him the time he clearly needed to jack around on his computer which was obviously more important than the $35 he stood to make. What I really wanted to say was "are you f*cking kidding me bruh?" but in addition to being un-ladylike, my jargon would probably have been lost upon him.

I did end up getting a lovely manicure at a different salon so all was not lost;They even directed me to some ridiculously yummy crab cakes... Double score! 

Your turn. What pisses you off?

No comments:

Post a Comment