Friday, June 10, 2011

Things That Piss Me Off: Poor Customer Service

Yummy Sandwich...
Today I made what I think is probably my fifth trip to a restaurant that I've recently discovered has yummy sandwiches. I will not name this restaurant as I usually have good experiences there and don't want to muddy their good name. Today however, not so much.

Here's what pissed me off: I walk into the restaurant (which has an eat-in area as well as to go) and stand at the to-go counter. A full five minutes passes before I am acknowledged. Notice I said "acknowledged" and not "seen". At least three restaurant employees saw me during this five minutes and none of them even offered a "someone will be with you shortly" or "go get your lunch somewhere else you greedy cow"... Nothing. No me gusta. It wasn't the waiting that pissed me off, I have been known to wait eons for some yummy eats. The thing that pissed me off was the fact that all of these people saw me waiting there and didn't even ask if I had been helped. Luckily, the woman who (finally) helped me was rather nice and softened my rage a bit... Not before I decided to write a letter to their corporate offices though. That'll show 'em. Maybe I'll get my next yummy sandwich for free :-) 

Your turn. What pisses you off?

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo! There a few things worse than terrible customer service! I am of the belief that if u don't like having to be nice to ppl, then u should not even consider applying for a position where that is u JOB DESCRIPTION! One of many reasons I got out of retail.

    But if u wanna know what pisses me off, I have 2 words: ROAD RAGE. As in, I am the Queen of. It is deep in my veins, cuz evry single time I get behind the wheel, someone does something so stupid that I feel the urge to either run them over or wish for them to run over a nail. I know that's not nice, but it keeps my bp down, lol!

    ReplyDelete