Friday, June 10, 2011

Things That Piss Me Off: Bad Grammar Edition #2

*long sigh*...

Conversate.
Ugh. I wish I didn't have to keep bringing it up because it physically hurts my insides. Even when I typed this faux-word, my highly intelligent computer system alerted me with bright red squiggly lines that this is a mistake. I know computer, I'm sorry.
Thanks to the likes of the Notorious B.I.G, Beyonce and countless others who have used (and continue to use) this anti-word in their music, there are people in this world who actually believe it to be a real word. The correct word for "having a conversation" is Converse. No, not the sneakers.

Among the myriad other things that are for entertainment only and do not translate well in real life (no, it is not okay to dress like Nicki Minaj...not even for Nicki Minaj) certain words, or in this case faux-words, should not be attempted in real life. You sound stupid when you use them and people like me will look at you with glazed over eyes and mouth agape (and will probably want to slap you).

Stop the madness.

By the way, if any of the words used in this post were lost upon you, take my Mommy's advice and LOOK. IT. UP.

Your turn. What Pisses you off? 

1 comment:

  1. In my world "conversate" means you are an ax murderer. I have taken some time to make up my own definition since that word does not ultimately exist in ANY dictionary. So if I run away screaming from the person that used this offensive word that would be the reason. I have found that then people who use it realize that they sound foolish. When I ask them if they are trying to kill me I normally get the confused look, but once I take the time to explain their ignorance I think they "get it"! LOL

    ReplyDelete