Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Here's a tip...

I was listening to the radio yesterday on my way to work and heard this gem:

"tipping 15% is no longer considered acceptable; 20% or more is expected".

I was only slightly annoyed at this and continued listening to the foolery when I heard:

"It is considered appropriate to tip a Barista (at Starbucks for example) at least a dollar if they make your coffee correctly".

Really?! This is where I got pissed off.
Now, get me right if I'm wrong but it is the Barista's JOB to get my order right. That is what they get paid for. So what you are telling me is that I should reward people for doing what they are supposed to do? I think not. Do you get rewarded for dragging your butt out of bed everyday, going to work and taking care of your children/pets/business? No. Why? Because that is what the hell you are supposed to do. It's called life people. Your employer (not me) pays your wages and if you get a tip it is because you provided exemplary service. Expecting a person to give you extra money just because you showed up is presumptuous and in my opinion, a big part of the reason that these youngsters think that they don't have to work for anything.

I will continue to tip based on the level of service I receive and I WISH some ungrateful so and so would look at me sideways. Trouble.

Your turn. What pisses you off?

No comments:

Post a Comment